top of page

Super Visa  -  Determine your eligibility—Visit your children or grandchildren


                                                goCanada Immigration is here to help you ...                                                       



To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:


  •    be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,

  •    be allowed to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions.


Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner can come with you under this visa.


Visa officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. A visa officer will look at these things when you apply:


  •     your ties to your home country,

  •     the purpose of your visit,

  •     your family and finances,

  •     the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and

  •     an invitation from a Canadian host.


You must also:


  •     prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,

  •     provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,

  •     have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and

  •     have an immigration medical exam.


Visa-exempt visitors

You may not need a temporary resident visa to visit Canada, depending on your citizenship. But, even if you are visa exempt, you may still benefit from the parent and grandparent super visa program



* source: CIC website



bottom of page