top of page

EXPRESS ENTRY - Canadian Experience Class

          Thinking  about becoming a Permanent Resident under   Canadian Experience Class ?

                                                              goCanada Immigration will help you ...




You must :

  • have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,

  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,

  • meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),

  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

  • Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.



  • There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

  • a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, or

  • an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by an agency approved by CIC to show your education is equal to Canadian education standards.



  • meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs


Note: The province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.



To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:


  • Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)

  • Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)

  • Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)

  • Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.


       Full Time              30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1560 hours)

       Part time             15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1560 hours)


       30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1560 hours)



source: CIC website




bottom of page